About UsHistory of Picture of Health Foundation
The Picture of Health Foundation, Inc. is a 501(c )(3) non-profit organization designed to provide communities with education that empowers people to live and stay healthy. We do so by teaching the benefits of healthy lifestyle management; using a balanced approach to medical, mental and physical wellness. Through the POHF wellness team of experts, we provide communities with:
- Access to researched based health and wellness education
- Short-term medical relief
History of Picture of Health Foundation
- 2004 Donovan Christie, Board certified in Internal Medicine, Preventive Medicine, Pediatrics, and a Fellow of the American Anti-Aging Association (4A), founded the Picture of Health Foundation (POHF) in 2004.
- 2006 The “Picture of Health Radio Show” was established. A public radio format style show where medial professionals discusses the causes of many lifestyle preventable diseases and the steps that one can take to lower their risk of developing such diseases. The program was aired on 1010 AM and attracted thousands of listeners. The Radio Show ended in 2008.
- The Picture of Health Foundation Radio Show transitioned towards having direct interaction within the community.
- 2010 The Picture of Health Foundation establishes two goals. To provide the community with health education and to empower people to change unhealthy lifestyles; to provide medical care through short-term medical mission trips to developing countries.
- The Picture of Health Foundation launches an awareness campaign designed to educate communities on the benefits of good nutrition, adequate exercise and the management of stress. The focus Fight Against childhood 0besity.
- 2015 The Picture of Health Foundation reshapes It’s message “Fighting Against Childhood Obesity” to providing communities with education that empowers people to live and stay healthy.